May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Rocks!!


Here is a little run-down of the awesome Mother's day that I had this year. I was a little worried at first since it's the first one being so far from our extended family-but it was actually more than I could have even imagined. I received roses on Saturday from my parents-Thanks Mom and Dad Whittaker-what a great surprise! Kenny and Nolan made breakfast, and made a homemade card for me-yes, Kenny actually used some of my scrapbooking materials and it turned out really nice! I was asked to speak in our Sacrament meeting, and it was just such a great way to prepare and share Mother's day with all of the amazing Mom's and families in our Branch. We were able to web-cam the Merrell's later that night and I got to chat with both of my brothers-while trying to track down own my Mom. What a great day!!
A little side note: I kind of bought myself my own Mother's day present "from" Kenny & Nolan the Thursday before while checking out a rummage sale down the street from our house. I came across the exact same dinner ware that my Grandma Whittaker had-I only had a serving platter from the set but I just loved it. When I asked about it and was told that it was a set of 12 place settings for $25-I got teared up and knew that I really had to have it! It was a very exciting discovery and Kenny agreed that it would make an excellent Mother's day present.
Caught card making!!




3 comments:

Steve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey Echo, this is so fun to see everybody. You're little boy is so cute! It looks like you're doing well. Take care Gigi evans (Nemelka)

CedarHouse said...

Elder!!!!
You need to shave. This is Elder Huff (ryan). I can see that things are going well. Take care of that family of yours.

Check my family out at happyhhome.blogspot.com

jya mata wani