
That is a direct quote from my amazing husband sometime last January-probably only a few days after Christmas vacation. Kenny and I were having a late night discussion where he was describing his study plans and tactics for preparing for the Step 1 boards exam that he had scheduled for June 6th. I of course was panicking, because we were due with Audrey on May 9th -3 days before his first final, and how was I going to handle that and how was he going to be able to study with a super pregnant wife, and Nolan, and then a newborn and still study like he had planned to and....it went on and on...trust me. Anyway, being the great husband he is he assured me that we'd be fine-we'd just figure it out and then he said what has become our little family mantra. "Honey, it won't be that bad, besides..ANYONE can do ANYTHING for 6 months."
Now I ask you (you being whoever is kind enough to read my little dedication to Kenny) WHO SAYS STUFF LIKE THAT? Those were probably the toughest 6 months of my husband's life, and he knew it was going to be and was determined to put in his 110% like he always does with the hope that quote again, "If I'm lucky, maybe I'll rock the Boards."
WELL BABE YOU TOTALLY ROCKED THE BOARDS!!! Last Thursday when we opened that score, was one of the most exciting days in our married life. Years worth of sacrifice and dedication to our little family's goals has paid off for all of us...and since you have been playing captain of our team thus far we have you to thank for it! YAY KENNY! YAY DADDY! YAY MERRELLS!
I know that you're probably totally embarrassed that I'm dedicating a post to you, but I just really wanted to let everyone know what an amazing husband, father, student, teacher and son/son-in-law you are. You make us all so proud to be a part of your life, and not one day passes that we don't all know that you would do anything to make our lives better.
YOU ROCK.

4 comments:
GOOD JOB KENNY!
Really did you ever doubt him Echo? That's a very smart man you're married to. Congratulations on making it through without going crazy.
I can kinda sympathize, Steve takes his "big" test on Saturday and I'm so excited to have the normal Steve and daddy back soon :)
"For he's a jolly good fellow..." We're so glad all of that hard work paid off. Way to go Ken-dawg!
Boards are the pits! I'm so glad you got Kenny's scores back and that he did great...no big surprise! We're still waiting for Brent's scores, but he didn't take his until the end of June
Wow, I did hear through the grapevine but so fun to read your post! Way to go Kenny and way to go Echo for being such a wonderfully supportive wife! Proud of you guys!
Post a Comment