May 31, 2010

'Drey's birthday weekend!! Part 1


Just about a month ago we celebrated Audrey's first birthday!
I know I'm late posting it-there is just something about big events that come with lots of pictures, I just have a hard time sorting through them!
We had a busy and exciting weekend planned out so this will be a three part post most likely!
On Thursday the 29th we went with our City Branch play-group to the Boerner Botanical Gardens and celebrated the day before her big day with bubbles for everyone and some sunflower cupcakes! I was up late the night before making them to ensure only my fingers would be the ones that created them, and I was pleased with the results. Thanks Mom for the "Hello Cupcake" book for Easter-it was a great inspiration.


Here are a few pictures from that day. But on a side note, as we have yet again come to this time of year when friends graduate and move away these pictures become special reminders of the sweet children and mommies that we've become friends with over the last three years and it makes it bittersweet to see how much each of these kids have grown and changed...sigh. Ok-sorry on to the photos:

Last time Audrey saw this giant butterfly she was only 4 months old and couldn't take a ride,
but this time she was right up there with her big brother!

Here is Amy, Isabel, Nolan, Grace & Zerrin testing out the flight capacity of our butterfly friend.

We stopped at the top of this big green hill, and before we knew it most of our kids had run straight to the bottom of it before we could catch up and drag them back. This is what we envision our backyard to be someday...well maybe not THAT big.

Aww, dandelions. They always make the best gifts.

These two are just about the cutest pair of little princess friends I've ever seen. We adore them and are so glad that Nolan has been able to spend his last 3 years growing up with them.

Happy windblown birthday Audrey!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your cupcakes are adorable! I got that book for Christmas (it's soo cute) and tried to adapt the horses into dinosaurs for Carter's birthday today. The result was disaster...and toy dinos on top of cupcakes...and thankfully a happy boy! Happy Birthday, Audrey!