October 21, 2010

The much anticipated GeoTrax set

Nolan's big gift this year was something that he first set eyes and hands upon while we were staying in Rochester, MN when Kenny was doing his away rotation there in August. The family that we house sat for had a little boy a just a bit older than Nolan-who obviously had a serious love of trains, and Nolan quickly become enamored with the large GeoTrax set that was in a huge storage bin in the closet. Nolan loved Rochester, loved all of the friends he made, loved the big house and big back yard, and he especially loved discovering new toys to play with. So of course when I asked him what he wanted for his birthday he recited "A great big set of GeoTrax" every time. Which I was a bit uncomfortable with, I mean if you look it up on Amazon, GeoTrax are kind of a pricey investment-at least for us at the time being! Thank heavens for craigslist. I was browsing a couple weeks before his big day and found a lady who was selling quite the impressive set for a pretty decent price-still quite pricey for a birthday, but after enlisting the Grandparents donations, Kenny and I took a date night and drove the 30 mins to buy it, and then we had to distract from the strange train noises coming from the back of the van after we picked the kids up from our date night group! So now that you know the story, here are the fun photos of the big surprise!
So excited...
Trains!!
One very happy boy!
I'm going to need a bigger house...

Phew! Look at these two ruggedly handsome guys!
Audrey and I hugging on our birthday boy.

No comments: