August 3, 2009

Milwaukee Air show


Last weekend we took a ride after church like we usually do, but this time we had a definite purpose. We wanted to check out the Milwaukee Air show since we'd been hearing about it on the news and listening to the jets practicing for a few days before. It was down at the lake front, but between the air show and another festival, getting down to the beach area was not going to be a real possibility. So we found a park nearby that a few thousand other people had also discovered and Kenny stayed in the car with Audrey while Nolan and I ventured out to watch for the airplanes. Boy was it amazing! I was glad to have Nolan with me so that I could act as giddy and excited as I actually was and not just look like a weirdo. I love airplanes and flying and I wish I was still able to fly them occasionally, maybe someday I'll convince Kenny to buy me one of those fancy planes!
 The US Air force Thunder birds performed an amazing show-I've never seen or felt or heard anything like it. They flew so close and so low to the ground that the noise was almost painful. I was probably quite the show myself, desperately trying to use my meager photography skills while Nolan was clinging to my legs or waist crying and saying that it was "TOO LOUD MOMMY", while also answering my cell phone every couple of minutes from Kenny asking "did you get that last one?"but I was pleasantly surprised that a few actually turned out-thanks to my camera and our telephoto lens. I am happy to say that by the end of the show Nolan finally said "Ja see that Mom? It was awesome!" Yep-it definitely was a good way for him to learn the definition of awesome. I'm already planning on going again next year.







No comments: