May 8, 2011

Here comes Peter Cottontail...

Does anyone have a good explanation for the Easter bunny? If so let me know, because I answered a lot of questions this year about his purpose and what he has to do with the Easter holiday, and I'm just grateful that Nolan didn't push for better answers because they were pretty dicey at best. Thankfully we have the resurrection story down pretty well and it makes lots of sense to all of us, so we mostly focused on that since it is the reason for Easter anyway.
That said, we still had our share of Easter egg coloring, egg hunting and Easter basket surprises from said bunny.

Our Easter egg decorating techniques aren't very extravagant. Crayons, dye & stickers. That's all I can handle with two little ones participating!
As you can see a few end up getting eaten before being decorated as well.
Easter Morning!! We love the looks on their faces when they see their surprises.
The E.B. was notified of Nolan's intense interest in Star Wars. Ever seen a kid so pleased with a box of Band Aids?
Mmm..Easter M&M's...
...and Goldfish of course.
Thankfully Kenny was available for those hard to reach eggs.
Nolan was given two foam swords to fill in for Light sabers. We do a lot of Light saber battles in our house. The one that Audrey is holding is what Nolan had been using-he pulled it out of our bucking bronco horse and so it's been without a handle for quite a while. This is a bit more fun, and definitely not as painful if you get whacked. Love how they are teaming up on Kenny.
I must say that I am proud to hold the title of "Better light saber fighter than Dad", Nolan informed me of that the other day. He said that I don't hit as hard, and I jump around a lot more like Yoda. Nice. I'll take that compliment any day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I love the M&M picture of Audrey. So adorable! Your kids are so sweet. I miss them. I'm glad you've been updating again :)