May 2, 2011

Our Milwaukee pals

In about one month from now, we will be saying our goodbyes to a group of people that been our extended family for the past four years. I tear up every time I allow myself to even think about it longer than 30 seconds. That said, I'm truly grateful that you cannot see me while I am typing this. These kids have been my kids first and best friends. Their mommies have been like loving aunts and the same goes for their Dads. The husbands talk shop with mine and actually understand what is being said. The wives swap kids stories, get advice, laugh and occasionally cry together. We attend church together, have weekly playgroup, have date night groups, attend birthday parties, and celebrate new additions to each family as they come along. It has doubled in size since we first got here, and I'm sure that will continue even as each year a few of the families move away. These are great people. They deserve every bit of happiness that they will find in this life. We love them, are thankful for every single memory that we have made together and are thankful that Heavenly Father put them in our lives path to help us enjoy our time in Med school. I'm so thankful for blogs, and that most of us keep ours updated occasionally so that we can stay updated with what new and wonderful things are happening in their lives. Because I can't possibly think that we will be saying goodbye forever.
Nope. I won't accept that. So just in case our paths don't cross again at least we'll have all of these great memories, and a way to vicariously live them together through pictures!
Here are just a few from the last month:
Benson's 3rd birthday party at the fire station!
Playgroup Easter egg hunt
Date night group
Watching the thunder and lightning storm together instead of the movie.
So much fun.
To all of our friends here in Milwaukee, thank you so much for sharing your lives with us-it makes for some great pictures!

2 comments:

The Leakes said...

Great post, almost made me cry too.

Karisa and John said...

You guys are going to leave a huge hole here in Milwaukee. We are SO GLAD you moved here and we got four fun years with you, Kenny, Nolan, and Audrey. John and I look forward to many more years of meeting you guys in the Dells, visiting you in MN, and being a home-base here for when you came back to visit WI. We won't see you as frequently, but we'll still see you! And you're right, blogs and facebook are great ways to keep in touch over the years.